Advanced PCB Layout Course
What will you learn?
You will learn how to do Advanced PCB Layout (DDR3, PCIE, SATA, Ethernet, etc.).
How will you learn?
You will be practicing the layout by actually doing it. All the important things will be explained in the tutoring videos. The videos are accessible online or can be downloaded, depends on the course option you sign up for.
THIS COURSE IS FOR: Students, Engineers and Professionals. This course requires some basic knowledge about Altium Designer. If you are starting with board design, you may want to look at the Advanced Hardware Design first.
What will you learn?
- This course covers all the important subjects you need to know for Advanced PCB Layout:
- Placement (how to place CPU, memories, power supplies, connectors, protection, etc.)
- Basic Rules & Basic Stackup (initial rules and stackup settings to start your layout)
- Fanout under CPU (how to do placement and fanout in hight-density areas)
- DDR3 preliminary layout (deciding on how to use layers, pin & bank swapping, …)
- Board fanout (how to do fanout, good practise and recommendations)
- Planning Layout (how to plan layout for high speed interfaces, wide buses, power distribution, …)
- Crosstalk (how to calculate and minimize crosstalk)
- Impedances & Stackup (how to calculate impedance and decide on stackup)
- High Speed Design Rules & Routing (recommendations & examples for high speed design layout)
- Layer ordering (how to decide on layer ordering)
- Number of layers (how to decide on number of layers)
- Layout (recommendations on routing different peripherals & buses, Powers, …)
- Length matching (DDR2/3, PCIE, HMDI, LVDS, GbE, …)
- About memory routing (T-branch vs Fly-by topology, calibration, …)
- Polygons & Power Planes (how to work with polygons & planes, what is important, useful rules, …)
- Checking PCB (recommendations to check your PCB)
- Length tuning (differential pair length tuning, finishing memory layout, …)
- Finishing PCB (adding useful information e.g. manufacturing notes, mechanical drawing layer, …)
- Generating & Checking gerber files (how to generate gerber files, tips about how to check them, ….)
Starting from 199 USD
Every student who actively engage with course activities will receive personal Schematic & PCB Design certificate.
7 Lessons. Each lesson has a tutoring video that is approximately two hours long (watch when it’s best for you) + activities for practicing.
A computer that allows you to run Altium Designer.