Advanced Hardware Design
Schematic & PCB Design Course
This course will teach you all about the techniques and best practices I have learned over the last 10 years while designing motherboards as well as processor and microcontroller boards.
This course will show you how you can design boards more effectively and produce professional results. The course provides you with tips and tricks to help you design boards that work the first time.
The course is practically based and will teach you everything by actually doing it. Anyone who is interested can work on his/her own project during the course. By the end of the course you will have learned how to create professional manufacturing output which you can then use to build your own board.
THIS COURSE IS FOR: Students, Engineers and Professionals. This course requires some basic knowledge about Altium Designer. If you are starting with PCB layout, you may want to look at the Switching Power Supply Course first.
What will you learn?
- Starting a new project (Useful folder structure; importing reference schematics; collecting and sorting documents)
- Schematics design (Drawing schematics; conventions and useful tips to create readable schematics)
- Selecting components and creating libraries (How to select components for your designs to prevent problems during production; how to create useful libraries)
- Footprints, 3D models and starting a new PCB (How to create footprints and a 3D model of your PCB; how 3D models can help you.)
- Variants & BOMs (Creating and using variants; generating professional BOMs; job files)
- Checking Libraries and Schematics (Techniques for properly checking your libraries & schematics to help you design boards that work right the first time)
- PCB Layout ( 1st Part ) & Placement (How to do layout; how to do placement; tips and tricks )
- PCB Layout ( 2nd Part ) & Impedances, Stackup (How to tweak your layout; how to design your own stackup; what is important)
- Stackup (2nd Part), Finishing PCB, Length Matching (HDI Stackup; how to finish and check your PCB; how to do length matching)
- Generating Output documentation (How to add important information for manufacturers; how to generate professional documentation; assembly drawings, Gerber files, etc.)
- Starting from 99 USD
- Every student who actively engage with course activities will receive personal Schematic & PCB Design Certificate.
- 10 Lessons. Each lesson has a tutoring video that is approximately one hour long (watch when it’s best for you) + activities for practicing.
- A computer that allows you to run Altium Designer.